Sony Rewards Insider Sweepstakes
Void Where Prohibited.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Sony Rewards Insider Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia) who are at the time of entry (i) physically located and residing therein, (ii) at least eighteen (18) years old, and (iii) Sony Rewards members (including Alternative Method of Entry (“AMOE”) entrants as described in Section 4ii below) (“Entrant”). Employees of Sony Electronics Inc., Card Marketing & Services Company, Comenity Bank, Merkle Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouses, domestic partners, parents, siblings, grandparents, children and the “step” of each) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. It is void in Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions and where prohibited. In order to win any prize valued at $600 or greater, you must have a valid social security number or a valid U.S personal tax identification. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Sony Electronics Inc., Card Marketing & Services Company, 115 W. Century Rd., Suite 250, Paramus, NJ 07652. Administrator: Merkle Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2023, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on January 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, there are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes, as outlined below:
Sony Rewards Catalog January Insider Sweepstakes c/o Merkle Inc., PO Box 5022, Department: 849182, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5022.
Prize 1 (Grand Prize): Home Theater Dynamic Duo
One (1) Sony Bravia XR XR-55X90K X90K Series - 55" Class (54.6" Viewable) LED-Backlit LCD TV - 4K and one (1) HT-S350 2.1ch Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
Prize 2: Immersive Home Theater Headphone Bundle
Two (2) Wireless Home Theater Headphones and one (1) $100 Hulu Gift Card
Prize 3: Listen Loud Speaker Bundle
Two (2) SS-CS3 Hi-Res Floorstanding Speaker (Single) and one (1) $60 Spotify Gift Card
You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes drawing for the prize that you indicate in your AMOE. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by January 31, 2023 and received by February 8, 2023. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and you agree that Sponsor may use that information in any manner allowed by law. All information you provide will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, all of which will be disqualified. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc.
Limit: Each Entrant may receive up to one hundred fifty (150) Sweepstakes entries per prize during the Promotion Period by any method or combination of entry methods. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any Entrant to use multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods in an attempt to defraud the entry process or gain additional entries will void all of that Entrant's entries and that Entrant may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Use of any automated system or devices to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. In the event of disqualification, any prize that Entrant might have been otherwise entitled to will not be awarded.
PRIZE 1: One (1) Home Theater Dynamic Duo. Prize details are included in the table above in Section 4. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,599.98.
PRIZE 2: Two (2) Immersive Home Theater Headphone Bundle. Prize details are included in the table above in Section 4. ARV: $339.98.
PRIZE 3: Two (2) Listen Loud Speaker Bundle. Prize details are included in the table above in Section 4. ARV: $519.98.
For All Prizes: Terms and conditions of gift cards apply. The actual value of a prize that is an electronic product is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made, provided that Sponsor reserves the right in its own discretion to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Any depiction of a prize, in Sweepstakes material or otherwise, is for illustrative purposes only. The prizes do not include any warranty unless specifically stated otherwise. All prize winners of prizes above $600 ARV will be issued an IRS Form 1099-MISC from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee for the total ARV of the prize won in the calendar year won. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including, but not limited to, income taxes) arising from winning a prize in the Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for each respective prize during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Total ARV of all prizes: $2,459.94.
6. Prize Drawings/Notification of Winners: Administrator is an independent organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select each potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received for each respective prize pool received during the Promotion Period on or around February 14, 2023. The potential winners will be notified by email soon thereafter. The potential Prize 1 winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and where not prohibited a Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Administrator within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any requested information within the time periods indicated, or the applicable prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner automatically forfeits the applicable prize. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ADMINISTRATOR AND/OR SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason or forfeits the prize, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes to the mailing address provided to Sponsor.
9. General Conditions: WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Sweepstakes entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limits, illegible, late, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, mutilated, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); typographical or other error contained in the Official Rules or other Sweepstakes-related material; technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and all such Sweepstakes entries will be disqualified. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or interferes with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance and may modify the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and/or Entrant (and void all associated entries) or entitlement to a prize if Sponsor determines or suspects that the individual and/or Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by tampering, cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or any other means which subvert the entry process) or attempting any of the foregoing. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and/or Entrant that Sponsor finds to be attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or the Sony Rewards Terms and Conditions, or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing or web-posting errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen delivery; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for New York or an appropriate New York State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. Winner List: For a list of all winners, please click here. The list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2023 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved
© 2023 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.