SONY REWARDS SUPERFAN PETS AT PLAY CONTEST AND VOTING SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Contest/Voting Sweepstakes Period: Sony Rewards SuperFan Pets at Play Contest (the “Contest”) begins March 17, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends April 5, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). The Voting Period and Voting Sweepstakes (“Voting Sweepstakes”) begins April 10, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends April 19, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Voting Period”).
2. Eligibility: The Sony Rewards SuperFan Pets at Play Contest and Voting Sweepstakes are open to permanent legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are Sony Rewards Members and 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Sony Corporation of America (the “Sponsor”), Sony Electronics Inc., Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, the “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and their affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, assigns and agents and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. How to Enter the Contest: During the Contest Period, you may enter the Contest by visiting the Sony Rewards website at rewards.sony.com (the “Site”), registering to become a free Sony Rewards member, if you are not a member already and thereafter, while you are signed into the Site, by completing the registration form and uploading a photo of your pet getting into trouble while no one is watching, along with a short essay explaining the story behind the photo in 240 characters or less (the “Submission”). All entry components submitted and Submissions uploaded (as applicable) shall herein be referred to as the “Contest Entry”. Limit one (1) Contest Entry per person. All Contest Entries must be completed and received by 11:59 p.m. ET on April 5, 2020 to be eligible. Contest Entries will be declared to be made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the entrant’s Sony Rewards account (the “Entrant”). The "Authorized Account Holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
Your Submission must be uploaded in accordance with the Sony Rewards Terms of Service at https://www.rewards.sony.com/terms.html. As indicated above, you must have a Sony Rewards account to enter. If you do not have a Sony Rewards account, visit the Site to create an account for free. By submitting a Contest Entry, you are agreeing to these Official Rules.
4. Contest Entry Requirements: By entering, you assign all rights to your Contest Entry to Sponsor and in conjunction therewith, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Contest Entry submitted. Photo must be no larger than 50MB and in the following formats: jpg, gif, png tiff, mp3, pdf psd, tif. Contest Entries received: (a) must be complete as indicated in this Section 3 to be eligible, include only a pet owned by the Entrant, and must be in the Entrant’s own words and created exclusively by the Entrant submitting; (b) cannot have been previously entered into a sweepstakes, contest or have been published; (c) cannot be awaiting publication nor may they be submitted for publication consideration prior to, during or after the Contest Period; and (d) must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights (other than Sony), including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Each Contest Entry, and all portions thereof, must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Sponsor or any of its affiliates, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Contest Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can Contest Entries defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize a Contest Entry from any source. All Contest Entries must be the sole, original work of the applicable Entrants and all Entrants must attest that the pet depicted in the Contest Entry is their own pet and they have all ownership rights to the pet depicted. Any Contest Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, inappropriate, disparaging, offensive or contains proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Contest Entries should not contain any third-party logos, trademarks or materials, or otherwise violate or infringe (or possibly infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand (other than Sony). Sponsor may blur or black out the infringing logos, trademarks or material, in its sole discretion. Automated, script, macro or robotic Contest Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. Contest Entries may be posted on the Sponsor’s website to be voted on, and may be posted on other affiliated or non-affiliated websites, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor may disqualify, in its own discretion, any Contest Entry not in compliance with the above or which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules.
If your Contest Entry includes a photo depicting any individual(s), you must make the other individuals aware that you are entering a photo which includes their photo and attest that the other individuals have agreed in writing that you may submit such photo; you must be the parent/legal guardian of any minors featured in the Contest Entry photo. In the event that a Contest Entry depicts any individuals other than the Entrant (who are 18 or older), Sony reserves the right to require that the applicable Entrant obtain the depicted individual’s permission in writing. By entering, you understand and agree that your Submission may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be posted online for consumers to view and vote on (as applicable) on Sponsor-determined sites. Sponsor will only be posting select photos (in its sole discretion).
Sponsor reserves the right to remove from the Site any posted Submissions, in its sole discretion, even if the Submission has already been made available to the public. Participation is subject to disqualification of all Contest Entries, if multiple accounts are used by the same person, or if an Entrant is trying to circumvent the entry requirements and restrictions in any other way, in Sponsor’s sole opinion. As applicable, normal data/Internet access and data/usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online/mobile service will apply. Contest Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that their Contest Entries, including the photos included therein, become the property of Sponsor, which thereby has the right use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Contest Entries in any way it sees fit and to incorporate them in other works in any and all markets and media throughout the universe. In the event that such ownership rights do not attach to any Contest Entry, the applicable Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor the exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Contest Entry and to incorporate it in other works in any and all markets and media, whether now known or hereafter developed, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Each Entrant warrants that he/she has the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor, and that Sponsor's reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use or exploitation of the Submission will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity rights, anywhere in the world.
5. Winner Determination for the Contest:
Judging to determine the Top 10 Finalists: At the conclusion of the Contest Period, the Top 10 Contest Entries (“Finalists”) will be determined from among all eligible Contest Entries, by Sponsor-selected judges, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest, and all Contest Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: Creativity- what has the Entrant done to make their Submission stand out (0-34 points), Articulation- Is the story easy to digest and does it align with the theme of the Contest? (0-33 points), and Story- is the story and photo compelling (0-33 points). In the event of a tie score, the tied Contest Entries will be re-judged by a final internal Sony Judge based on the same judging criteria. The ten (10) Contest Entries with the highest overall scores will be deemed the Finalists, subject to verification.
Public Voting: During the Voting Period, the Top 10 Finalists’ Contest Entries will be posted on the Site for public viewing and voting during the Voting Period (defined above). During the Voting Period, eligible individuals, as indicated below, can visit the Site and follow the online voting instructions to vote for their favorite Finalist’s Entry (and enter the Voting Sweepstakes, as defined below) (“voter”). Limit one (1) vote per person/email address. Voting will be restricted to legal residents of the 50 US and DC, who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of voting. Attempts to vote more than the number of times authorized herein, using any third party proxy voting services, using multiple names or e-mail addresses and/or any other fraudulent mechanism(s), including robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods, or soliciting votes on behalf of Entrants, by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes, payments or other inducements to members of the public (including, without limitation, offering to trade votes), shall give the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the right to disqualify the Entrant’s Contest Entry. All votes each Contest Entry receives are subject to verification by the Sponsor before a Contest Entry may be eligible to move forward to the judging to determine the Contest Grand, First and Second Prize winners.
Grand, First and Second Prize Winner Determination: The results of the Voting Period will be combined with the Judges’ scores from the initial round of judging. The Judges’ scores will account for 80% of the final score and the voting results will account for 20% of the final score of each Finalist. In the event of a tie score, the tied Entries will be re-judged by a final internal Sony Judge based solely on Creativity. The three (3) Finalist Entries with the highest overall score will be deemed the Contest Grand, First and Second Prize winners, subject to verification. No information regarding Entries or judging/voting will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Contest.
6. How to Enter the Voting Sweepstakes: During the Voting Period, anyone wishing to vote (as indicated above) must follow the instructions at the Site, as described above. Once a vote has been submitted and received by the Sponsor, the voter will earn one (1) Sweepstakes entry (“Sweepstakes Entry”). There is a limit of one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person/email address. All votes must be completed and submitted by 11:59 pm ET on April 19, 2020, for your vote/Sweepstakes Entry to be included in the Voting Sweepstakes Random Drawing.
7. Voting Sweepstakes Random Drawing: One (1) Voting Sweepstakes winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible Sweepstakes Entries received throughout the Voting Period, on or about April 22, 2020. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Voting Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent on the total number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries received during the Voting Period.
8. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”): CONTEST PRIZES: Grand Prize (1): A Sony Alpha z7R IV Camera (model #ILCE7RM4) and a FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS Lens (model #SEL24105G), (ARV: $4,699.98). First Prize (1): A Sony Compact Camera (model #DSC-RX100 M7), (ARV: $1,199.99). Second Prize (1): 50,000 Sony Rewards Points (ARV: $500). VOTING SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE (1): A pair of Sony headphones (model #WH-1000XM3), (ARV: $349.99). All prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guaranty of any kind. The ARV of any products listed are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules, and the date the prizes are awarded or redeemed. If the actual purchase price of a product listed is less than the ARV stated herein, the winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. No substitution or transfer of any prize is permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a product of equal or greater value. All federal, state or other tax liabilities arising from participation in the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes or award of the Prizes will be the sole responsibility of the winners. The Contest Grand and First Prize winners will be issued an IRS Form 1099 from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee for the total ARV of the applicable Prize (as stated herein) for the calendar year won.
9. General Rules: The potential Contest and Voting Sweepstakes winners will be notified on or about April 25, 2020. The Contest Grand and First Prize winners will be required to sign and return, via email, a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Waiver/Publicity Release, where legal and where applicable, Assignment of Rights (collectively, “Declaration”), within seven (7) days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be determined/selected. The potential Contest Second Prize winner and the Voting Sweepstakes Prize winner will be required to confirm his/her mailing address and provide an Assignment of Rights (as applicable) within seven (7) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner determined/selected. If the Declaration/prize confirmation document is returned as undeliverable or if potential winners are deemed ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be determined/selected. Prizes will be delivered within 6 – 8 weeks after winner confirmation.
Contest/Voting Sweepstakes winners and all Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for (i) injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting a Contest Entry/Sweepstakes Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes, (ii) the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules, or (iii) the announcement or offering of the prizes.
Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prizes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes the applicable winner’s permission for Sony and its affiliates to use winner’s names, likenesses, Contest Entry and Submission for any and all promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
By entering, Entrant/voter accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Contest Entries/votes in the Contest. Contest/Voting Sweepstakes Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes or online voting if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will determine the Grand, First and Second Prizes from among all eligible Finalists determined prior to cancellation as outlined above. In the event online voting is cancelled prior to any votes being received, the Voting Sweepstakes Prize will go unawarded and the winners will be determined solely form the judging criteria. Entrants/voters agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding.
10. Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction: This Contest/Voting Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Contest/Voting Sweepstakes shall be construed and governed according to the laws of the U.S. and the State of New York. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of the prizes and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Entrant agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant further agrees that any claim/judgment/award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and, under no circumstances will an Entrant be entitled to awards. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this Section be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this Section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT.
11. Official Rules/Winners List: An additional copy of these Official Rules by which all Entrants/voters are bound, or the winners; information, may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Sony Rewards SuperFan Pets at Play Photo Contest “Rules” or “Winner Information” (specify which), 25 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10010, to be received no later than May 31, 2020.
12. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes is Sony Corporation of America, 25 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10010. The Administrator of the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.