VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The God of War – Beat the Game Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to permanent legal residents of the 50 states of the U.S. or D.C. (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions), who (i) are currently physically located and residing therein, and (ii) are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Entrants must also have either a valid Social Security number or a valid U.S. Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to participate. Employees of Sony Electronics Inc., Card Marketing & Services Company (“Sponsor”), Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC (“SIE”), Santa Monica Studio, Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), Merkle Inc., their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in or associated with the production, design, printing, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, the above entities’ respective parents, subsidiaries, and related companies, the above entities’ officers, directors, affiliates, licensees, and service providers (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”), members of such persons’ immediate families (spouses, domestic partners, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, the “steps” of each), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Description: Potential entrants can enter the Sweepstakes by visiting https://www.rewards.sony.com/BeatGOWsweeps (“Website”) and following the instructions on the Website during the period between 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on October 14, 2022 and 11:59:59 p.m. PT on November 4, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”). To obtain a valid entry into the Sweepstakes, a potential entrant must (i) be a member of Sony Rewards, enter the Sweepstakes, and beat God of War (2018) (the “Game”) as further detailed below in Section 3; or (ii) follow the instructions below in Section 3 to enter using the alternative method of entry (“AMOE”). The Sweepstakes will award three (3) prizes consisting of both digital and physical Sony merchandise as outlined in Section 4 (“Prizes”). PT shall control for all purposes of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. The potential winning of any Prize is subject to verification, as set forth below. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. How to Enter: TO OBTAIN AN ENTRY, YOU MUST (I) BE A SONY REWARDS MEMBER AND ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES ON THE WEBSITE; AND (II) BEAT THE GAME, AS DETAILED BELOW; OR (III) USE THE AMOE INDICATED BELOW IN SECTION 3(C). IF YOU ARE ALREADY A SONY REWARDS MEMBER, DO NOT REGISTER FOR A SECOND SONY REWARDS ACCOUNT.
A. Enter the Sweepstakes
i. If you are a Sony Rewards member, to enter the Sweepstakes you must visit the Website, log into your Sony Rewards account with your username and password, then click “Unlock the sweepstakes” and follow the instructions below in Section 3(B).
B. Beat the Game
i. In order to receive an entry if you have not previously beaten the Game, you must enter the Sweepstakes as described above in Section 3(A). Then you must play and beat the Game, which results in earning the “Last Wish” trophy (“Trophy”). Once you’ve received the Trophy and entered the Sweepstakes, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Online Entry”) and be considered a valid entrant (“Entrant”).
ii. In order to receive an entry if you have previously beaten the Game, you must enter the Sweepstakes as described above in Section 3(A). Then, Sony Rewards and SIE will confirm that your PlayStation Network account record contains the Trophy and you will automatically be awarded an Online Entry and be considered a valid Entrant.
If you are not a Sony Rewards member and do not wish to become a member or if you do not wish to play and beat the Game in order to enter the Sweepstakes, send an E-mail to SRSweepstakes@am.sony.com with your First Name; Last Name; E-mail Address; and Phone Number in the body of the E-mail (collectively, the “AMOE Entry Information”), and the words “AMOE Entry” in the Subject Line (“AMOE Entry”). The E-mail Subject Line must contain “AMOE Entry” or the attempted entry will be disqualified.
Limit one (1) Online Entry or one (1) AMOE Entry per person for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Online Entries and/or AMOE Entries (collectively “Sweepstakes Entries”) must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT on November 4, 2022. All required Registration Information and/or AMOE Entry Information must be completed in full, be accurate and be valid. Any Sweepstakes Entries submitted in excess of this limit will be disqualified. Each E-mail Address may only be used by one (1) Entrant. Multiple Entrants may not share the same E-mail address. Any attempt by a potential entrant or Entrant to participate or obtain more than the stated number of entries other than as described herein, by using multiple/different E-mail addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods in an attempt to defraud the entry process or gain additional entries, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that Entrant’s Sweepstakes Entry and that Entrant may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of delivery or receipt of Sweepstakes Entries will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of receipt (or entry). If a potential entrant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems such potential entrant to be a minor, such potential entrant must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information to Sponsor. If a potential entrant uses a web-enabled mobile device to participate, data rates may apply (Potential entrants should contact their service provider for data rates/plans). The Website may not be accessible from all mobile phones, handheld devices and/or tablets. If a potential entrant experiences any technical issues entering the Sweepstakes from a mobile phone, handheld device or tablet, such potential entrant should attempt to access the Website from a desktop or laptop computer. None of the Sweepstakes Entities will be responsible in the event of any technical difficulties or any failure of Sweepstakes Entries to be timely submitted. Entrants should use care and not drive or operate machinery while entering the Sweepstakes.
4. Prizes/Odds of Winning: There are three (3) Prizes for the Sweepstakes.
The Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) PlayStation®5 Console (approximate retail value (“ARV”): $499.99); one (1) God of War Ragnarök (“GOWR”) Jotnar Edition (ARV: $399.99); one (1) GOWR Picnic Blanket (ARV: $34.95); one (1) GOWR Cooler (ARV: $74.95); one (1) 65’’ BRAVIA 4K HDR OLED with Smart Google TV (model #: XR-65A80J) (ARV: $1,999.99); one (1) Pulse 3D wireless headset (ARV: $99.99); and one (1) $100 PlayStation (“PS”) Store Code (ARV: $100). Total ARV of Grand Prize: $3,209.86.
The First Prize winner will receive one (1) GOWR Collector’s Edition (ARV: $199.99); one (1) Pulse 3D wireless headset (ARV: $99.99); one (1) GOWR Picnic Blanket (ARV: $34.95); one (1) GOWR Cooler (ARV: $74.95); one (1) $100 PS Store Code (ARV: $100); and 25,000 Sony Rewards Points (ARV: $250). Total ARV of First Prize: $759.88.
The Second Prize winner will receive 25,000 Sony Rewards Points (ARV: $250); one (1) GOWR DDE (ARV: $79.99); one (1) GOWR Picnic Blanket (ARV: $34.95); and one (1) GOWR Cooler (ARV: $74.95). Total ARV of Second Prize: $439.89.
Total ARV of all Prizes: $4,409.63.
Odds of winning any Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for any Prize is available, except that Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to substitute a Prize with one of equal or greater value due to Prize unavailability or for any other reason. PS Store Codes and Sony Rewards Points cannot be exchanged/redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer and will be subject to stated terms and conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to replace any merchandise with a newer model or version of same; but, in such event, Sponsor will continue to use the value of the “old” (i.e. replaced) item for purposes of calculating the ARV. Any depiction of a Prize, in Sweepstakes’ materials or otherwise, is for illustrative purposes only. All expenses not specifically mentioned as being included (e.g., any required installation, requested upgrades/options, subscriptions) are excluded and are each Prize winner’s sole responsibility. The Prizes do not include any warranty unless specifically stated otherwise. If a Prize value is $600 or more, winner(s) will be issued an IRS Form 1099-MISC from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee for the total ARV of the Prize won (as stated herein) in the calendar year won. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including, but not limited to, income taxes) arising from winning a Prize in the Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of such Prize winner. The Prizes will only be mailed/shipped/electronically delivered to persons residing in the 50 states of the U.S. and D.C. Final eligibility for the award of any Prize is subject to eligibility verification, as set forth in these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of the Prizes.
5. Drawing and Notification: For the Sweepstakes, one (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) First Prize winner, and one (1) Second Prize winner will be randomly selected from all eligible Sweepstakes Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, in a drawing to be held within five (5) business days following the end of the Sweepstakes Period by the Sweepstakes Administrator, an independent compliance organization. The potential Prize winners will be notified by Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative via phone or e-mail (at the phone number or e-mail address provided in Entrant’s Sony Rewards Registration Information or AMOE Entry Information) within approximately one (1) business day after the drawing is completed. The potential Prize winners will be required to sign, execute, have notarized and return an original unmodified Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, (where legal) a Publicity Release and any other documentation that Sponsor requires (collectively "Affidavit/Release"). Sponsor must receive a completed Affidavit/Release as well as a copy of the potential Prize winner’s legible government issued photo identification and any other documentation (“Documents”) required by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion within five (5) days after such Affidavit/Release is sent to a potential Prize winner from Sponsor. If a Prize winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems the Prize winner to be a minor, such Prize winner’s Prize will be awarded in the name of the Prize winner’s parent/legal guardian. If a potential Prize winner cannot be reached, does not respond within the times noted above, is found to be ineligible, or if the potential Prize winner’s Documents are undeliverable for any reason, such potential Prize winner will be disqualified, and, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential winner for the respective Prize may be selected from all remaining eligible Sweepstakes Entries.
8. Governing Law/Jurisdiction: This Sweepstakes shall be construed and governed according to the laws of the U.S. and the state of New York. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) this Sweepstakes; (ii) the awarding or redemption of a Prize; and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation (each a “Claim”), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the state of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Potential entrants agree that a potential Claim, if any, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant further agrees that any Claim/judgment/award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and, under no circumstances, will a potential entrant be entitled to awards. Potential entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this section be deemed by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT.
9. Official Rules/Winners Names: An additional copy of these Official Rules by which all participants are bound, or the names of the Prize winners, may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: God of War Beat the Game Sweepstakes “Rules” or “Winner Information” (specify which), P.O. Box 6493, Burbank, CA 91510 to be received no later than January 4, 2023.
10. Sponsor: This promotion is sponsored by Sony Electronics Inc., Card Marketing & Services Company, 115 West Century Road, Paramus, NJ 07652.
11. Sweepstakes Administrator: Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc., 1612 W. Olive Ave., Suite 300, Burbank, CA 91506.
©2022 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.